About our client, thinkCSC
thinkCSC is in the business of helping our clients exceed their organizational goals by making wise and customized IT decisions in the most economical way.
- thinkCSC’s Purpose: Helping our clients exceed their goals by making wise and customized IT decisions in the most economical way
- thinkCSC’s Core Values: Partnership, Perseverance, & Passion
- thinkCSC’s Mantra: Client Focused, Technology Driven
This hunter is energetic, self-motivated and persistent. He or she is outgoing, confident, passionate and has a persevering attitude. This independent person wants structure and to be held accountable. He or she is disciplined and reliable. The team can count on the Business Development Manager to be honest and admit mistakes. It’s important for this person to be organized and to rely on their calendar.
This relationship builder is trustworthy and makes others feel comfortable. He or she is friendly and has a partnership philosophy in working with clients. Customers see this person as a trusted advisor who is a good listener and asks the right questions. He or she is a people person and builds rapport easily.
Being an articulate communicator is essential in this role. He or she has good presenting skills and knows how to sustain C-level conversations. This person understands opportunities, has good business acumen and a professional appearance.
The Business Development Manager should be company-centric and loyal. He or she values the culture and is a family person. This team player thinks like an owner and wants to plant roots. He or she is a problem solver that is able to learn on the job and is willing to be flexible and vulnerable.
The Business Development Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the daily huddle, according to the weekly meeting schedule.
- Become familiar with the products and services offered.
- Create and manage a daily schedule.
- Generate new leads.
- Build relationships with potential clients.
- Qualify leads through the discovery process.
- Complete discovery documents.
- Work collaboratively with account executives and engineering group.
- Introduce and hand-off clients to appropriate parties.
- Write client proposals.
- Close sales.
- Meet annual quota (measured quarterly).
- Speak the technical language.
- Create his/her own resources when necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B selling
- Minimum 5 years of experience in outside sales
- Minimum 5 years experience in related field
- Proven success in closing new business from prospecting and networking
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of work experience
- 7 years experience in outside sales
- 5 years OEM sales experience (Apple, Dell, Nimble, EMC, Microsoft)
- Experience selling storage, networking, VoIP, cloud services, I/T hardware
- Familiar with Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco
- Experience selling a service and closing reoccurring monthly contracts
Why work for thinkCSC?
- Healthy culture that encourages independent thinking and growth through failure
- Open to customization based on customers’ needs
- 20 years of growth
- Open to change, investment and new ideas
- Community involvement as a company
- Team members receive recognition for accomplishments
- The executive team is open and available
- No micromanaging
- Smaller company = more flexibility
- Little to no travel
- Great employee retention rate
- Good, fun group of people
- Work hard, play hard
- Product/service offerings are unique and make company flexible
- thinkCSC is a stable company
- Access to decision makers who are willing to listen
- You’re a person, not a number
- Employees genuinely care for the clients